Download Minutes : Download File
A meeting of the Village Board of Trustees was held on December 16, 2015 at the Historic Watts DePeyster Hall, Tivoli, NY. Mayor Griffith called the meeting to order at 7:09 pm.
Present: Mayor Griffith, Deputy Mayor Majer, Trustee Ezrati, and Trustee Schneider.
Public: Attorney Christine Chale, David Cleaveland, Karen Cleaveland and Peter Walsh.
The Mayor asked all present at the meeting to stand for the Pledge of Allegiance.
Mayor Griffith stated that Robin Bruno resigned from the Board so that she can take another position. The Mayor thanked her for her five years on the board and for serving as Deputy Mayor. Trustee Majer is the new Deputy Mayor.
The Clerk’s report included:
- Sale of 551 trash tags
- Two payrolls
- Attended one Planning Board meeting and workshop
- Ongoing collection of the water/sewer bills
- Preparation of the W-2’s and 1099’s
- Closed on December 24 and December 25 for Christmas
- Closed at noon on December 31 and all day on January 1 for New Year’s Day
- Closed on January 18 for Martin Luther King Day
On a motion by Trustee Schneider, seconded by Deputy Mayor Majer, the minutes for the November 18, 2015 Regular Board Meeting and December 9, 2015 Executive Session were approved, all in favor.
On a motion by Deputy Mayor Majer, seconded by Trustee Schneider, the Treasurer’s Report for Abstract 7, dated December 16, 2015, in the amount of $53,385.01 was approved, all in favor. Trustee Ezrati moved that the bills be paid for the abstract as presented and Trustee Schneider seconded the motion, all in favor.
Zoning Report – Trustee Ezrati
- Report runs from the last board meeting through today’s meeting
- Six building permits issued
- Five inspections
- Final electrical inspection
- Framing inspections
- One permit remains open
- Two certificate of occupancy issued
- Six complaints
- Garbage bags left outside
- Light being left on causing glare into a neighboring residence
- Building fee schedule is being reviewed
No correspondence was received by the Village.
Mayor Griffith summarized the agenda and opened the meeting for public comments on agenda items only. There were no public comments.
On a motion by Deputy Mayor Majer, seconded by Trustee Schneider, RESOULTION 34-2015, DATED DECEMBER 16, 2015, RESOLUTION TO FILE APPLICATION FOR URBAN AND COMMUNITY QUICK START GRANT was approved. Roll call: Griffith: aye, Ezrati: aye, Schneider: aye, Majer: aye.
On a motion by Trustee Schneider, seconded by Deputy Mayor Majer RESOLUTION 35-2015, DATED December 11, 2015, BUDGET MODIFICATIONS, was approved, all in favor.
On a motion by Trustee Ezrati, seconded by Deputy Mayor Majer, RESOLUTION 36-2015, DATED DECEMBER 16, 2015, RESOLUTION ESTABLISHING ELECTION DAY was approved, all in favor.
On a motion by Trustee Schneider, seconded by Deputy Mayor Majer, RESOLUTION 37-2015, DATED DECEMBER 16, 2015, MEMORIALIZING RESOLUTION OF THE VILLAGE OF TIVOLI, NEW YORK, SUPPORTING SOLARIZE HUDSON VALLEY AND SOLARIZE NORTHERN DUTCHESS CAMPAIGN, was approved. Roll call: Griffith: aye, Ezrati: aye, Schneider: aye, Majer: aye.
On a motion by Deputy Mayor Majer, seconded by Trustee Schneider, RESOLUTION 38-2015, STANDARD WORK DAY AND REPORTING RESOLUTION FOR ELECTED AND APPOINTED OFFICIALS was approved, all in favor.
On a motion by Trustee Ezrati, seconded by Trustee Schneider, RESOLUTION 39-2015, DATED DECEMBER 16, 2015, RESOLUTION AUTHORIZING SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION FOR THE 2015 HUDSON RIVER ESTUARY GRANTS FOR
LOCAL STEWARDSHIP PLANNING was approved. Roll call: Griffith: aye, Ezrati: aye, Schneider: aye, Majer: aye.
On a motion by Trustee Schneider, seconded by Trustee Ezrati, 2014 and 2015 Court Audits, conducted by a third party, were accepted, all in favor.
On a motion by Deputy Mayor Majer, seconded by Trustee Schneider, the 2016 Holiday Schedule was approved, all in favor.
The next regular meeting will take place on Wednesday, January 20, 2016 at 7:00pm at the Historic Watts dePeyster Hall. The workshop will be held at 6:00pm before the meeting. There will be a workshop on January 13, 2016 at the Historic Watts DePeyster Hall at 7:00pm.
- Planning and Zoning
- Boards have been busy
- Workshop for required four hours of training is being planned
- December 31 begins the collection of points
- Well Report
- No water main breaks
- Water Quality Report
- Two water samples taken each month
- No violations
- Testing every month
- Two different locations are tested monthly
- Ecoli and coli form
- Court Report
- $325 remitted to the Office of the State Comptroller
- Tivoli Library
- Pints and Pencils at Traghaven Pub on December 15
- Game night at Murray’s – December 17 at 7:00 pm
- Tech Help with the Geek – December 19 from 10:00 am to 1:30 pm
- Christmas Myths You May Have Missed
- December 19 at 1:00pm
- Local Author and Educator Thom Quackenbush
- Reveal the stories behind Christmas- Rudolph, stockings, etc.
- Clermont State Park
- Free Christmas Open House on December 19 from 11:00am to 4:00 pm
- Book and Movie Club
- Meet at 6:00pm for Discussion – potluck during the movie
- The Young Visitors – December 22
- Forrest Gump –– January 20
- Page Turner Book Club
- The Secret Garden – December 17
- The Night Circus – January 21
- Restoration of the East Room will begin soon
- Deer Season open – be careful
- Village Snow Ordinance
- No overnight parking on village streets from November 15 to April 1 from 1:00 am to 6:00 am
- Parking permits to park in the village lots are available from the Clerk’s Office for $25.00
- Winterfest was fun – thanks volunteers and sponsors – volunteers needed for next year
- New “Please drive slowly –we (heart) our children” signs in the Village to slow down fast drivers
- CFA Grant
- New York State funds
- Applied for in July
- $25,000 matching grant
- $8,000 from RPI Students in volunteer matching hours
- Design shoreline stabilization
- Crawford and Associates
- Thanked the DPW for catching up on their work
Public comments centered on Winterfest, the trees lighted throughout the village, garbage cans left out all the time and the permitted uses and restrictions of solar in the village.
On a motion by Trustee Schneider and seconded by Trustee Ezrati, the meeting was adjourned at 7:47 pm, all in favor.