Download Minutes : Download File
A meeting of the Village Board of Trustees was held on October 15, 2014 at the Historic Watts DePeyster Hall, Tivoli, NY. Deputy
Mayor Griffith called the meeting to order at 7:01 pm.
Present: Deputy Mayor Griffith, Trustee Ezrati, Trustee Bruno, Trustee Schneider and Danielle Maloney of PANDA.
Absent: Mayor Cranna
Public: Leslie Baker, Tom Crisci, Kyle Adams, Susan Huyser, Eileen Digan and Shane Digan.
The Deputy Mayor asked all present to stand for the Pledge of Allegiance.
Deputy Mayor Griffith noted that Mayor Cranna was attending a summit meeting called by the County Executive for all municipalities in
the county regarding shared services.
On a motion by Trustee Schneider, seconded by Trustee Bruno, the rules were suspended so that the public could address the Board
on agenda items only. Agenda Item #2, Shared Services Summit Study Update, was removed from the agenda as Mayor Cranna was
not able to give the update due to his attendance at the summit. There were no public comments. On a motion by Trustee Bruno and
seconded by Trustee Schneider, the Board returned to regular business.
The Clerk’s report included:
- Sale of 613 trash tags
- Two payrolls
- One planning board workshop and meeting and a ZBA meeting
- Final collection of payments for water/sewer bills
- The Clerk’s office will be closed on Tuesday, November 11, 2014 for Veteran’s Day.
On a motion by Trustee Schneider and seconded by Trustee Bruno, the minutes for the September 17, 2014 regular board meeting,
the October 8, 2014 regular workshop and the October 8, 2014 CDBG 2015 public hearing were approved, all in favor.
On a motion by Trustee Bruno, seconded by Trustee Schneider, the Treasurer’s Report for Abstract 5, dated October 15, 2014, in the
amount of $24,656.89 was approved, all in favor. The Treasurer’s Report is posted on the Village’s website each month. Trustee
Schneider moved that the bills be paid as presented and Trustee Bruno seconded the motion, all in favor.
Zoning Report – Trustee Ezrati
- No zoning report as the Zoning Officer is on vacation
- About ten citations were issued for garbage and unsafe circumstances that has been pursued
No correspondence was received by the Village Clerk’s Office.
Deputy Mayor Griffith asked Shane Digan to stand. Trustee Bruno explained that Shane had approached her regarding his Eagle
- Project in the Memorial Park is now complete
- Fundraising done with local businesses and a sub night at the firehouse
- Shane raised all the funds on his own
- Project was for a double sided bench in the park located west of the pavilion and north of the park equipment at the tree line of
- Cedar stained bench with arbor and 2 clematis plants
- Patio stone foundation
- Cost of $2,200
- Troop members and scout master helped with the building
- Shane thanked the fire department for hosting sub night
Deputy Mayor Griffith presented Shane Digan with a certificate for the contribution of the bench to the park, signed by Mayor Cranna
and Trustee Bruno.
Highway Consolidation Study Update – Trustee Schneider
- Last public meeting held in regards to the shared services meeting promised a report with information that was gathered on
the current condition of equipment and would identify avenues for sharing services and updating the quality of services that
are provided within the three municipalities
- Consultants Tim Weidemann and Peter Fairweather of Rondout Consulting presented at the meeting
- Graphs and information used in the presentation to clarify information for group
- Questions from the public were answered
- Audience participated in an exercise for strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats for the municipalities to help to
identify areas that should be included in the study
- Meeting was recorded by PANDATV23
- Link for Rondout Consulting website is on the Village of Tivoli website
- Public feedback may be given on the Rondout Consulting website
- The next meeting on October 28 at 4 pm at the Red Hook Town Hall
o Public is welcome to attend however cannot comment at this meeting
- Study to be completed within a year – February 2015 is target date for completion
On a motion by Trustee Ezrati, seconded by Trustee Schneider, Resolution 14a-2014, dated October 15, 2014, Establishing
Election Day for Wednesday, March 18, 2015 at the Tivoli Firehouse, between the hours of 12:00 pm and 9:00 pm for one
Mayor for a term of two years and two trustees for a term of two years, was approved, all in favor.
On a motion by Trustee Schneider, seconded by Trustee Ezrati, Resolution 15-2014, dated October 15, 2014, Resolution
Accepting The Results of The Audit of Justice Clark and Ludwig for fiscal year ended May 31, 2013 was approved, all in favor.
On a motion by Trustee Ezrati, seconded by Trustee Schneider, Resolution 16-2014, dated October 15, 2014, Establishing a
Date for a Public Hearing Regarding the Adoption by the Village Board of the Village of Tivoli Local Law No. C (Proposed) of
2014, A Local Law to Enact a New Article VI in Chapter 44 of the Village Code Entitled “Continuity of Government” was
approved, all in favor. The public hearing will be held on November 19, 2014 at 7:00 pm at Village Hall, 86 Broadway, Tivoli,
The next regular meeting will take place on November 19, 2014 at 7:00pm at the Historic Watts dePeyster Hall. The workshop will be
held at 6:00pm before the meeting. There will be a workshop on November 12, 2014 at the Historic Watts DePeyster Hall at 6:00pm.
- Street Painting was held on the rain date of October 5, 2014
o Very successful
o 249 registrations were received – 47% (127) were people from Tivoli
o 14th year held
o Participants were local artists as well as people from within the state and from other states also
o Twenty (20) dozen boxes of chalk were given out
o Thanked the sponsors including the Mid-Hudson Arts Council and many local businesses and individuals
o Red Hook Observer Newspaper is closing but there are photos of street painting in the last issue – also photos on
- Town of Red Hook Fire Contract
o Met with the Town of Red Hook , Trustee Bruno, and Fire Chief Hildenbrand
o 1.50% increase in amount of agreement
o Town of Red Hook benefits from Village of Tivoli fire services
o 60% for the Town 40% for the Village for budget purposes – Length of Service Awards has the same agreement
o Fire Chief approved the agreement renewal for mandated equipment, maintenance and improvements for the fire
- Enjoyed street painting and attending the Town of Red Hook meeting
- Working with Trustee Schneider on a Greenway Grant
o Meeting with Liz Axelson of Morris Associates soon to move ahead with project
- Memorial Park
o Worked with DPW to clean out sheds and paint the dugouts
o Need proper base for the handicapped adult swing – juvenile swing will be stored away for the winter
o Bathroom facilities will be wintered and closed for the season
o Deputy Mayor Griffith and Justin Tedaldi striped the basketball court
- Roast Beef Dinner at the American Legion on Saturday October 18 – call Howie Petrick at 518-2922 for more information
o Recreation committee and library are joining together for Spooky Lego Castles on October 31 at 4:00 pm
o Costumes welcome – there will be candy.
- Justice Court
o $170 Comptroller’s office
- Tivoli Business and Artist Alliance
o New email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
o Welcome any Tivoli business and representatives and artists to attend meetings
o Next meeting is October 23 at 6 pm in the Mayor’s Office
o Announcements for local events and promotions for local businesses are encouraged
Deputy Mayor Griffith
- Water System Operations Report
o No violations
o Testing every month
o Two different locations are tested monthly
o Ecoli and coli form
- One water main break near 18 Broadway on September 6.
- CDBG 2015 application submitted last week for the replacement of the water line on Broadway from the bridge toward Route
9G. Public hearing was held last week for the purpose of the application.
- Community Garden
o Season is winding up
o Thanked Danielle Riou and Mara Ranville for their work with the garden
o Most successful season to date
o Register now through November 1
o If interested, send email to tivolicommunitygarden@gmail
o Time to clean out this year’s plots
- Four Corners Project
o Waiting for final permit approval from Dutchess County
o Work should begin in the next couple of weeks
o Will be disruptive to traffic for approximately three days
o There will be flaggers and only one lane – please be patient
o There will be four new crosswalks at the four corners
Public comments centered on the shared services grant, building updates to the firehouse, striping on the road near the firehouse, the
number of rentals in the village and calling 845-486-3800 (Dutchess County Sheriff) to report violations as they are happening.
On a motion by Trustee Ezrati, and seconded by Trustee Bruno, the meeting was adjourned at 7:58 pm.