Download Minutes : Download File
On a motion by Deputy Mayor Bruno, seconded by Trustee Schneider, Mayor Griffith opened the public hearing at 7:08 pm at the Historic Watts DePeyster Hall, Tivoli, NY.
Present: Mayor Griffith, Deputy Mayor Bruno, Trustees Ezrati, Majer and Schneider.
Public: Brandee Nelson of Crawford Assoc. and Toby Tieger.
This public hearing is to hear all interested persons on the proposed 2016 CDBG grant application. Mayor Griffith explained that the proposed application will center on improvements for Pine Street.
Brandee Nelson of Crawford Associates presented a proposal for the project:
- CDBG grants target improvements for infrastructure, parks and recreation areas
- The Pine Street concerns are:
- Road shoulder is worn and has pot holes near the bus stop and the community garden
- Bus stop needs improvements and upgrade
- Phase I of the proposed project:
- Curbed, bumped out area for bus use
- Improvements at the intersection of Katherine and Pine
- Compacted gravel added to road shoulder
- Fire hydrant to be moved behind the curb
- Drainage to be improved – possible drywell if needed
- Cost is $140,000 with the inclusion of the design
- Minor landscaping and three benches are also a consideration
- This is not a matching grant
- Application has been prepared and due on Friday
- Additional lighting is being investigated – no additional lighting is in the proposal
- The existing light will be relocated
- Pine Street at North Road
- Drainage repairs for next year a possibility
- The road may be lowered and the sidewalks brought up
- Rain gardens may be helpful with drainage
- An apron on the schoolhouse side of the road may be considered also
Public Comment: “Wonderful”.
On a motion by Trustee Ezrati, seconded by Trustee Majer, the public hearing was closed at 7:32 pm.
Village Clerk &Treasurer