Download Minutes : Download File
A meeting of the Village Board of Trustees was held on January 20, 2016 at the Historic Watts DePeyster Hall, Tivoli, NY. Mayor Griffith called the meeting to order at 7:09 pm.
Present: Mayor Griffith, Deputy Mayor Majer, Trustee Ezrati, and Trustee Schneider
Public: Attorney Christine Chale, Jeanette Canaday, Tom Crisci, Sr., Tom Crisci, Jr., Glenn Baker
The Mayor asked all present at the meeting to stand for the Pledge of Allegiance.
Mayor Griffith stated that Linda Gonnella had resigned from the Clerk’s office so that she can take another position. The Mayor thanked her for her time served. Robin Bruno has been appointed as Village Clerk.
The Clerk’s report included:
- Sale of 527 trash tags
- Two payrolls were processed
- Attended one Planning Board meeting and workshop
- Finishing up collection of payments for the water/sewer bills
- Closed on February 15 for President’s Day
On a motion by Trustee Schneider, seconded by Deputy Mayor Majer, the minutes for the December 16, 2015 Regular Board Meeting and the Special Board Meeting on January 6, 2016 were approved, all in favor.
On a motion by Deputy Mayor Majer, seconded by Trustee Schneider, the Treasurer’s Report for Abstract 8, dated January 20, 2016, in the amount of $30, 228.80 was approved, all in favor. Trustee Ezrati moved that the bills be paid for the abstract as presented and Deputy Mayor Majer seconded the motion, all in favor.
Zoning Report – Trustee Ezrati
- Three building permits issued
- Five inspections
- Fuel tank
- Underground fuel tank
- Two certificate’s of occupancy issued
- Two certificates of completion
- Two complaints
- Garbage bag left outside
- Dresser on a front lawn
No correspondence was received by the Village.
Mayor Griffith summarized the agenda and opened the meeting for public comments on agenda items only. There were no public comments.
On a motion by Trustee Ezrati, seconded by Trustee Schneider, RESOULTION 012016, DATED JANUARY 20, 2016, RESOLUTION TO APPROVE ELECTION INSPECTORS was approved. Roll call: Griffith: aye, Ezrati: aye, Schneider: aye, Majer: aye.
On a motion by Deputy Mayor Majer, seconded by Trustee Schneider, RESOLUTION 022016, DATED January 20, 2016, RESOLUTION TO APPROVE NEW BUILDING, PLANNING AND ZONING FEE SCHEDULE, was approved. Roll call: Griffith: aye, Ezrati: aye, Schneider: aye, Majer: aye.
APPOINTMENT OF EMERGENCY SUCCESSOR; In the event the Mayor and Deputy Mayor are unable to perform their duties, Mayor Griffith appoints Trustee Susan Ezrati as Emergency Successor.
ACCEPTANCE OF TIVOLI FIRE DEPARTMENT’S OFFICERS FOR 2016; On a motion by Trustee Schneider, seconded by Trustee Ezrati, officers were accepted.
The next regular meeting will take place on Wednesday, February 17, 2016 at 7:00pm at the Historic Watts dePeyster Hall. The workshop will be held at 6:00pm before the meeting. There will be a workshop on February 10, 2016 at the Historic Watts DePeyster Hall at 7:00pm.
- Planning and Zoning
- Boards have been busy; building boom
- Well Report
- No water main breaks from 12/14/20151/20/2016
- Water Quality Report
- Two water samples taken each month
- No violations
- Testing every month
- Two different locations are tested monthly; water quality met standards
- • Court Report
- $190.00 remitted to the Office of the State Comptroller
- Shared Services: The grant has moved into the next phase which addresses data collection, access to Municity, and inventory maps. Training will take place on tablets with new software. Finalizing RFP to move forward with implementation stage. Steering Committee meetings are taking place and are open to the public.
- Tivoli Free Library
- Cryptids & Native American Traditions; Thursday, January 28, 2016, 7:00 PM; gain knowledge of Native American peoples from NY regarding lake serpents, “tiny people”, Bigfoot, and other mysterious cryptids. FREE and open to all.
- Clermont State Park
- Free Sledding on January 31 from 12:00 PM 3:00 PM; if no snow, a date will be scheduled
- Soup Night at The Elmendorph Inn, Saturday, 1/23; 6:00 PM 8:00 PM; band playing as entertainment
- Mason’s Breakfast; Sunday, January 24, 2016
- The Red Hook Trail Presentation Open House has been rescheduled to Tuesday, February 2, from 6:00 PM 7:30 PM taking place on the 3rd Floor
- Village Snow Ordinance
- No overnight parking on village streets from November 15 to April 1 from 1:00 am to 6:00 am
- Be sure to clear sidewalks when it snows
- Job Posting for PartTime Treasurer Position
- The Board has been working on quality of life and making it better. A difference has been made RE: noise.
- Code Violations: Residents can take notice and advise the board. If a violation is noted and one receives a letter, directions on how to comply will be included. Keeping up property is a courtesy to your neighbors.
Public comment by Tom Crisci, Sr.; Tivoli Fire Department Breakfast, Sunday, March 6, 2016; there have been LOSAP changes RE: points and receiving credit for calls; firehouse projects will be underway soon; new applicant’s; turn out gear and bail out gear should be in March 9; fire department has applied for a $63,000.00 grant for extrication equipment. Tom Crisci, Jr. spoke of the issues surrounding parking on Broadway and the difficulty of maneuvering fire trucks through the main intersection. How can cars parking too close to the 4 corners be prevented, can there be modifications to the parking lines? It was determined police can enforce the unlawful parking by ticketing, and emergency vehicles do have priority.
On a motion by Trustee Ezrati and seconded by Deputy Mayor Majer, the meeting was adjourned at 7:48 PM, all in favor.
Robin L. Bruno