Download Minutes : Download File
A meeting of the Village Board of Trustees was held on June 18, 2014 at the Historic Watts DePeyster Hall, Tivoli, NY. Mayor Cranna
called the meeting to order at 7:08 pm.
Present: Mayor Cranna, Deputy Mayor Griffith, Trustee Ezrati, Trustee Bruno, Trustee Schneider, Attorney Christine Chale and Steven
Roberts of PANDA.
Public: Robert Lachman
The Mayor asked all present to stand for the Pledge of Allegiance.
Mayor Cranna opened the public hearing for a local law to amend chapter 56 of the Village Code entitled Procurement Policy at 7:08
- Seeing no members of the public present, motion to close the public hearing and return to regular business made by Trustee
Ezrati and seconded by Trustee Schneider, all in favor.
The Clerk’s report included:
- Sale of 359 trash tags
- Three payrolls
- One planning board workshop and meeting
- Closed for the holiday on Friday, July 4 in observance of Independence Day
On a motion by Deputy Mayor Griffith and seconded by Trustee Schneider, the minutes for the May 21 regular board meeting and the
June 11 regular workshop were approved, all in favor.
Mayor Cranna announced that the Village Clerk’s office is now on their summer hour schedule which is 8:30 am to 4:30 pm Monday
through Thursday and 9:00 am to noon on Friday.
On a motion by Deputy Mayor Griffith, seconded by Trustee Schneider, the Treasurer’s Report for Abstract 13, dated June 18, 2014 in
the amount of $7,989.72 was approved. On a motion by Deputy Mayor Griffith, seconded by Trustee Schneider, the Treasurer’s
Report for Abstract 1, dated June 18, 2014 in the amount of $48,098.47 was approved. Deputy Mayor Griffith moved that the bills be
paid as presented and Trustee Schneider seconded the motion, all in favor. Mayor Cranna stated that the Treasurer’s Report is posted
on the Village’s website each month.
Zoning Report – Trustee Ezrati
- Has asked the ZEO to provide an event report
- Two building permits issued
- A couple of closed out permits
- Two complaints regarding pets
Mayor Cranna stated that correspondence to the Board was a letter from Judge Clark informing the Board that the balance of grant
money has been used to purchase supplies for the Court thus reducing Village expenditure for mandatory Court supplies. Among
items purchased were chairs for the courtroom and two new air conditioners.
On a motion by Trustee Schneider, seconded by Deputy Mayor Griffith, a motion to authorize the Village Clerk or Deputy
Clerk to solicit bids for the purpose of repairing the crosswalk at the Village main intersection was approved, all in favor.
On a motion by Trustee Ezrati, seconded by Deputy Mayor Griffith, a motion to have KOSCO supply heating oil for the Village
for 2014 – 2015 heating season was approved, all in favor.
On a motion by Deputy Mayor Griffith, seconded by Trustee Bruno, Resolution 10-2014, dated June 18, 2014, RESOLUTION
AUTHORIZING ADOPTION BY THE VILLAGE BOARD OF TRUSTEES OF THE VILLAGE TIVOLI OF LOCAL LAW NO. 2
(PROPOSED) OF 2014 TO AMEND CHAPTER 56 OF THE VILLAG CODE ENTITILED ‘PROCUREMENT POLICY”, was approved,
all in favor. Roll call: Ezrati: aye, Bruno: aye, Griffith: aye, Schneider: aye.
On a motion by Deputy Mayor Griffith, seconded by Trustee Schneider, Resolution 11-2014, dated June 18, 2014, APPROVING
VILLAGE OF TTIVOLI PROCUREMENT POLICY was approved , all in favor. Roll call: Ezrati: aye, Bruno: aye, Griffith: aye,
The next regular meeting will take place on July 16, 2014 at 7:00pm at the Historic Watts dePeyster Hall. The workshop will be held at
6:00pm before the meeting. There will be a workshop on July 9, 2014 at the Historic Watts DePeyster Hall at 6:00pm.
Deputy Mayor Griffith
- Water System Operations Report
o No violations
o Testing every month
o Two different locations are tested monthly
o Locations tested were North Road and Spring Street
- Community Garden
o Garden is full – no more plots available for this year
o To reserve for next year – tivolicommunitygarden @gmail.com
o Thanks Volunteers for their help
- Tivoli Yard Sale will be held on Saturday, July 26
o Applications for permits can be gotten on our website
- Bike Racks have been received from Dutchess County
o Will be placed by Memorial park
- Planning Board will be meeting on Monday, June 23
- LOSAP has been completed
- Four Board members have been certified for their education this year
- Fire Department is planning to refurbish their building
- Tivoli Summer Rec Program will be in Memorial Park from June 30 – July 25, 9:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Sports, board games, arts and crafts
- Library will then pick it up from 12:00 pm to 2:00 pm, will include lunch also
- Library will host a Family Start Gazing night in Memorial Park on Friday August 15 at 9:00 pm, rain date August 16
- The handicapped swing has been ordered for Memorial Park and will be delivered soon
- Justice Court
o $868 to NYS Comptroller’s office
- Shared Services Study Committee
o Meeting was held this week
o Next meeting is July 16 at 9:30 am in Red Hook Village Hall
o Public hearing will be July 23 at 7:30 pm
- Business and Artist’s Association
o Invitation is going out to business owners
o Make the Tivoli experience better
o Reach out to Tivoli business owners
Mayor Cranna announced that the members of his Advisory Cabinet are:
On a motion by Trustee Schneider and seconded by Trustee Bruno, the meeting was adjourned at 7:38 pm.
Deputy Village Clerk